- Tested and isolated IP SAN communication errors in the first
- Developed high performance two stage write cache for an IP SAN,
improving iop performance twenty fold. This involved sophisticated
memory mangement techniques and highly tuned data structures for
manipulating hundreds of megabytes of data.
- Used PCI and IDE bus analyzers and scopes to isolate problems or
prove cache functionality.
- Developed custom performance testing and analysis tools in
addition to using commonly available profilers.
- Designed, assisted in the development of, and rigorously tested
the world's most sophisticated NVRAM device. The device uses SDRAM,
NAND FLASH, an EEPROM, a Xilinx FPGA and PROM, supercaps, and a PCI
interface to secure cache data in the event of a transient failure
such as loss of system power or crashed software.
- Developed an NVRAM linux device driver and api.
- Performance tested various embedded platforms for a san router
project codeveloped with Crossroads.
- Read entire SCSI-3 and iSCSI specs and removed various defects
from SCSI/iSCSI san drivers.
|Compteon, Inc., Cupertino, CA
||2/01 - 8/03
- Cofounded an internet safety training company.
- Developed a dynamic website using Perl and MySQL to manage large groups of people, deliver relevent content to users, and track training progress with online quizzes and reporting capabilities.
|Internet Securities, Inc., Boston, MA||12/94 - 1/98|
- Cofounded the premier internet provider of emerging markets business and
- Grew the company from four founders to 157 employees, 18 offices, and 6MM
revenue in just over three years.
- Set up offices in Pittsburgh, Manhattan, Boston, Warsaw, Prague, Budapest,
Istanbul, Sofia and Moscow. This included building negotiations,
all equipment acquisition and installation (servers, workstations, laptops,
printers), telcom, initial client sales and support, numerous vendor relationships,
hired and trained initial technical personnel.
- Built and maintained uptime and security for a worldwide network of over
30 linux and solaris servers, and over a hundred linux/win 95 workstations.
- Developed the majority of our mission critical web service, database, searching
and mirroring functionality.
- Wrote over a hundred documents for training and to support ongoing operations.
- Customized and deployed the Goldmine sales support system and the Navision
Financials accounting systems worldwide.
- Built a customer service application based on Java, Perl, HTML, and database
|Internet Technologies, sp. z o.o., Warsaw, PL||1/95 - 9/95|
- Cofounded what is now the largest public internet access provider in Poland.
Today there are over 40 providers and IT is still in the lead.
- Developed the business concept, forged local partnerships, negotiated various
contracts, pioneered the sales strategy.
- All original technology setup (linux servers, routers, telcom) then recruited
and trained numerous technical employees for operations and support.
|Adonis / ConnectSoft, Inc., Bellevue, WA||5/94 - 11/94|
- Large team development on EMail Connection, their flag ship product which
touted email compatibility with nearly all email systems.
- Designed and implemented MIME functionality when MIME was just an RFC.
- Front end development in MS Windows.
- Consulting work for Spacelabs; designed and developed internet communication
support for remote medical instrumentation tools.
|Intel Corporation, Beaverton, OR||5/92 - 12/92; 5/93 - 12/93|
- Participated in the design and implementation of the Distributed Verification
Toolkit for software circuit simulation on workstations and parallel
supercomputers (the iWarp, the iPSC/860 and the Paragon).
- Created a real-time, full color, load balanced Mandelbrot exploration tool
for an iWarp supercomputer server / Sun client system.
- Created an computer animated marketing video for the iWarp supercomputer.
|Independent Consulting||6/91 - 9/92|
- Developed a user-oriented industry bluebook database program under DOS,
for Orion Research Corp.
- C language tutoring.
- Systems consulting and small software tools.
|Colorado School of Mines, Golden, CO||5/90 - 5/91|
- Ported geophysics applications.
- Various small programs using X windows, C, C++, PostScript, and NIDL on
heterogeneous UNIX systems.
- Assisted with laboratory design and layout, hardware installation, and
system setup and configuration of several PS2 and RS6000 labs running AIX.
- Wrote an introductory UNIX tutorial.
|Orion Research Corporation, Durango, CO||6/89 - 8/89|
- Assisted in many aspects of the development of a nationwide price tracking
- Wrote utilities to access C-ISAM databases.
- Designed low level C and assembly code for a GUI toolset.